Early in July 2018, was the first time I noticed Groupon sending me emails offering discounted deals for wax/dry herb vaporizers and then subsequently CBD Gummies. I had one of those “no way, holy shit” moments. I checked and double checked, and I was not dreaming, Groupon is the next wave of mainstream merchandise and deal outlets to join the cannabis revolution.
A year ago, they absolutely did not allow anything CBD, vaporizer or remotely cannabis related on their coupon platform. With their vast subscriber lists and account holders, they open a new door to a new audience.
Now, when someone says they’re launching an app or website that is going to be the “Groupon of Cannabis,” we are far along enough into the future that Groupon IS the Groupon of Cannabis.
These are just some of the featured Groupon deals that ended up in my inbox:
• Yocan Explore 2-in-1 Wax and Dry Vaporizer Kit from Hookah Town (6-Piece)
• CBD Edible Gummy Party Pack (1,000mg) from Jolly Green Oil
• Aspire Typhon Revvo 100w TC Kit (19-Piece) from Hookah Town
• CBD Hemp Seed Oil Tincture from Just CBD (1500 Mg)
• Atmos Rx Dry Herb Vaporizer
• CBD Gummies from Jolly Green Oil (250mg). Multiple Flavors Available.
• Yocan Hive Vaporizer Kit in Choice of Color from Hookah Town (Up to 55% Off)
The list goes on. A search for “CBD” on Groupon’s website returns 585 relevant results, at the time of writing this article.
I’m still in a bit of shock this is happening, but we support it. It is unclear if Groupon is aware of the Hemp CBD Ban about to be enforced by each state’s Department of Food and Agriculture and the Food and Drug Administration.
We reached out to Groupon’s media relations for comment. We will update you if we hear back.
B. Le Grand